As pet owners ourselves, we understand that your pet is like family! We want to help your pet live a long, happy and healthy life, so that you can cherish many years together. Over 40 years of practicing animal medicine in Cañon City, it has been proven time and time again that the key to total health is comprehensive preventative care. Pets age much faster than humans, with some breeds aging as much as 7 times faster than we do. You wouldn't miss your annual visit with your doctor - why let your pet go over 7 years without a check-up?
At Fourmile Veterinary Clinic, we offer a complete range of wellness services to keep your pet feeling his or her absolute best. During your pet's annual wellness visit, you can expect your veterinarian to perform a complete physical examination, run routine lab work, and make diet and exercise recommendations as needed. Depending on your pet's condition, your veterinarian may recommend further testing or follow-up visits. Yearly visits are also a great opportunity to ask us any questions you have about your pet's health or behavior. Our doctors and staff are here to help you be the best pet owner you can be.
Our wellness services include:
- Physical Exams: A thorough physical exam is the basis of any wellness visit. This exam includes close inspection of your pet's eyes, ears, nose, mouth and teeth, skin and coat, limbs and paws, and more. Your veterinarian will also listen to the heart and lungs and gently feel the abdomen and lymph nodes, looking for any irregularities. Just by this simple exam, your doctor can tell a lot about your pet's health. If any warning signs of disease or injury are detected, your veterinarian may recommend further testing, such as diagnostic lab work or x-ray.
- Vaccinations: Modern pet vaccines prevent many diseases that were once life-threatening for pets. We can provide all vaccines your pet needs, including core vaccines, which are recommended for all pets, and non-core vaccines, which your veterinarian will recommend based on your pet's individual lifestyle and exposure to risk.
- Parasite Control: Parasites are more than just a nuisance; they spread harmful diseases that can affect pets and humans. To ensure the health and safety of your entire family, it is important to keep your pet on preventative medicines that fight fleas, ticks, heartworm, and intestinal parasites. Our clinic is equipped with a full-service pharmacy to provide all the preventatives your pet needs. We also perform regular fecal examination for intestinal parasites and check your pet's skin and coat for fleas and ticks.
- Pharmacy: With a full-service pharmacy on-site, we are able to fill your pet's prescription from the convenience of our clinic. For refills on prescription medication, please give us a call at least 48 hours prior to the time you need the refill. This gives us time to ensure adequate stock of your pet's medication and expedite the refill process.
- Puppy & Kitten Care: If you have recently adopted a new puppy or kitten, we want to say congratulations on this exciting addition to your family! The first year of your dog or cat's life is sure to be filled with special memories, but it is also the time to lay a solid foundation for a lifetime of health. Fourmile Veterinary Clinic is the perfect animal hospital to kickstart your pet's health. When you bring your puppy or kitten in for his or her first visit, one of our gentle veterinarians will perform a thorough physical examination and get your pet started on the appropriate vaccination and parasite control program. Our team looks forward to meeting your new friend!
- Senior Pet Care: As our furry best friends age, they begin to require extra special medical care to keep feeling their best. The veterinarians at Fourmile are experienced in the care of senior pets and dedicated to keeping your best friend by your side for years to come. Once your pet reaches his or her Golden Years, your veterinarian may suggest increasing wellness visits to twice a year. In a stage when pets are more susceptible to illness, more frequent visits help us catch disease in its early stages. The sooner we catch a medical condition, the greater are your pet's chances of a full and speedy recovery.
If you are interested in scheduling a wellness visit for your pet, just give us a call and one of our friendly receptionists will help arrange an appointment at a time that is convenient for you. We are also happy to answer any questions you may have about our wellness care offerings.